Saturday, April 26, 2008

...Quick Thoughts on Sean Bell...


I just want to express my disgust once again at the lack of justice provided for African-American Males in the United States of America. I can only hope that the family does find some justice in a higher court. It seems our courts will go to any length to ensure that cops have the right to shoot scary black men at the first sign of perceived threat without fear of repercussions. If you know any people that are happy with this verdict or find it a trivial matter, please find some time to give them some stern words. Obviously this has been the talk of the city for the past couple days, but it's pretty tough for people to think there are still no repercussions for these actions.


I may have more to say on this later.


Real quick, two and a half joints from the new Roots album (one on that fits the Sean Bell topic pretty well) and two joints from Keith Murray's just released Intellectual Violence. Go out to support both, and cop H.N.I.C. 2 while your at it. Maybe I'll write up some reviews when I have more time, but I've updated the heavy rotation section.
"Hey Ladies" - Keith Murray
"Def Squad " Keith Murray featuring Def Squad (yeah. Redman destroys this song, like it's 96).
"Lost Desire" The Roots featuring Malik B. and Talib Kweli (Malik B. is better than your favorite rapper).
"Criminal" The Roots featuring Truck North and Saigon (Saigon's album needs to drop now Atlantic).
"Unwritten" The Roots featuring Mercedez Martinez (Anything due out next tuesday or the tuesday after to somebody who can tell me why this song is on the European version of the Roots album and mysteriously removed from the American verse some two bars in?)
And a couple Sean Bell related songs:

No comments: